If I had to pick one dessert, well I hope I never have to pick one dessert cause #foodie! BUT if I ever had to it would most definitely be a hard decision between cookies and cheesecake. Well for this recipe I morphed the two together into the most delicious thick and fluffy cheesecake with a crunchy and gingery crust.
So i’m just going to come right out and say it. Cheesecake is by no means good for you. Preparing it made me a bit appalled at how much dairy and sugar goes into the recipe, but thank goodness it is only something I have once a year! Everything in moderation!
This recipe is inspired but yet another one of my favorites, Chai lattes. I love the subtle spice, but power of vanilla that Chai lattes have and their creamy richness that I had to add chai spice into this cheesecake. It is vanilla chai flavored and boasts a crunchy gingersnap crust that is out of this world. Ok enough, I’m drooling over here time to get to the recipe! I hope this makes its way on to your Thanksgiving table, and if it does tag me on Instagram @blissfullylively
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies, ground (about 1 16 oz. bag)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For Chai Spice Blend:
- 1 tbsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 5 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp chai spice blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookies in food processor.
- Blend until cookies are fine crumbs.
- Pour cookie crumbs into medium sized bowl.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter & sugar.
- Press in the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a spring form pan.
- Bake 6-8 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until soft and creamy, add sugar, flour, chai spice blend, salt & eggs.
- Beat until all ingredients are whipped and silky.
- Pour into baked crust.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
- Let rest on counter to cool 1 hour.
- Cover and place in fridge to cool over night.
- Sprinkle rest of chai spice blend on top of cheesecake.
If you’re in need of a sweet & savory side dish take a peek at the Bourbon Maple Sweet Potatoes!