No matter how healthy you eat, you might need something a little sweet to curb those cravings (& treat yo self).
I’ve got you covered.
I’m definitely one of those people who focus on the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I eat healthy meals and 20% of the time I indulge in sweets, or my all time fav. extra toasty Cheez-Its!
This weekend we had gorgeous weather in NH and I was craving something sweet but cold. (in comes ice cream). I landed on ice cream sandwiches but still wanted something a bit lighter than the sweet thickness of ice cream so I switched it up to frozen yogurt sandwiches. These ones are absolutely delicious, take no time to make, & will definitely curb your sweet tooth. (to make them even healthier you can substitute the vanilla frozen yogurt for plain frozen yogurt). If you plan to make these Tag #blissfullytasty so I can see all of the delicious recreated eats.
Peach Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 1/3 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced ripe peaches
- Preheat oven 375 degrees & line 2 baking sheets w/ parchment paper.
- Combine oats, nuts, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, & baking soda in a food processor. Process 10-15 seconds until finely ground.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Process egg and oil in food processor for 15 seconds until lightly beaten.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla and blend until the mixture is smooth (about 1 minute).
- Pour into the dry ingredients & fold together until combined.
- With damp hands (this is key!!) squeeze together 1 tbsp. of batter and roll into a ball.
- Place on baking sheet, gently flatten all balls to be about a 3-inch round.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on edges.
- Let cool on pan for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Combine yogurt and peaches in medium bowl until incorporated (do this quickly so the yogurt doesn’t soften). Add a dollop of frozen yogurt mixture to one flat side of cookie, and flatten with second cookie forming a sandwich.
- Freeze on cookie sheet for 2 hours and store in air tight container. ENJOY!