I finally tried out my Kitchen Aid Mixer this weekend and all dramatics aside my life will never be the same. I whipped up these delicious bars and it was such a breeze. 1 bowl, all the ingredients I needed and a glass of wine while it all mixed up.
This is what dreams are made of people.
If you guys follow along on Instagram you know my love for my Kitchen Aid and how ecstatic I was to get it as a present for Christmas, Chris did sooo good. Serious time saver, and looks so darn cute in the kitchen.
This weekend I was meal prepping away after following some of my own advice from the dinner menu and realized I needed to prep something that would be easy to eat before a workout, or before I hop on the computer for the morning. I love making eggs first thing in the morning but sometimes that’s a bit too much work for this busy gal so hello ooey gooey breakfast bars that will fill me up with the added superfoods & are made with whole ingredients & zero added sweeteners.
These guys are loaded with chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, oatmeal, goji berries, cranberries & my absolute fav dark chocolate chips for a little pinch of sweetness. For warning these are sweetened only by the dark chocolate and apple sauce so they will be a bit on the thick side and subtly sweet.
Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana sliced
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- preheat oven to 375 degrees & coat 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder & salt.
- In large bowl whisk together milk, applesauce, egg, honey, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine. Batter will be wet. Fold in diced banana and mix until smooth.
- Add in chocolate bits, walnuts, goji berries, chia seeds & dried cranberries. Mix until combined.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into bars.