Pomegranate is my new fruit obsession! Crunchy but sweet with a little tang of tartness. I’M IN LOVE. They’re basically cranberries prettier, more delicious twin. They boast all of the benefits you want in a fruit like they’re loaded with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium. Basically all the goods.
I have always been a lover of chocolate covered strawberries so this year I thought why the hell not cover my new fruit obsession in dark chocolate as well….Ok real truth I was last minute trying to figure out what to bring to a christmas party and I had 2 pomegranates and some dark chocolate available so what do I do make dark chocolate pom cups and everyone loved them.
Sometimes the least preparation and least ingredients make the best recipes! Because everyone loved them so much I thought I would give you guys an easy recipe to bring to any holiday party.
Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Cups
- 2 Pomegranates w/ seeds removed
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Cut open Pomegranate and take out all of the seeds.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Across all 12 tins fill with single layer of pom. seeds.
- Add dark chocolate and coconut oil to pot on medium low heat stirring constantly until melted.
- Spoon/ drizzle melted chocolate over pom seeds. Add another layer of pom seeds.
- Drizzle second layer of melted chocolate over pom seeds. Add more seeds to top.
- Finish each tin with a pinch of sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
In need of some more holiday dessert ideas? Take a peek at the BL Sweet Treats Page for some inspo.